项目五:STEM中的AIL enhances 澳门皇家赌城在线大学’s Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) designation by transforming institutional structures and culture to embrace a serving-minded campus that centers, 并以此为基础, the cultural and intellectual assets of Latine/a/o STEM students. 项目五:STEM中的AIL expands institutional capacity and enhances the quality of academic and student support programs that reach all students, 结果就是, ensures Latine/a/o and historically marginalized students achieve equitable academic, 转移, 和STEM的职业成果.
目标# 1. Serving: Aspiration – Inspire Hispanic and low-income students to aspire toward degree attainment and 转移 in STEM.
- 目标1.a: Become a STEM Transfer Hub for the South-Central Coast by designing and implementing structured and sequenced STEM pathways to enable Hispanic and low-income students to accelerate completion of degree requirements/ 转移.
- 目标1.b: Expand internships and experiential work-based learning in collaboration with Advisory Boards and business leaders to connect Hispanic students to real-world experiences that augment classroom learning and support Honors program participants.
- 目标1.c: Organize annual meetings of regional STEM Transfer & Community Engagement Liaison Council to strengthen program design.
目标# 2. Serving: Identity – VC will improve servingness to Hispanic students in STEM pathways through improved wrap-around supports that honor cultural wealth and foster a sense of belonging in and out of the classroom.
- 目标2.a: Engage the STEM Success Team to provide active cohort management, 建议, timely referrals to programs and services, 以及同伴指导.
- 目标2.b: Mobilize Peer Mentors and classified frontline staff to support students holistically, connecting them to basic needs resources and opportunities for career exploration.
- 目标2.c: Foster students’ sense of belonging by promoting and retaining diverse faculty in STEM.
目标# 3. Serving: Learning – VC will expand institutional capacity and infrastructure to provide engaging and experiential learning opportunities and services to STEM students.
- 目标3.a: Create a community-oriented and culturally enhancing STEM learning environment through a well-connected, multi-structure STEM success space that fosters’ Hispanic students’ sense of belonging while increasing equitable access to STEM Pathways.
- 目标3.b: Improve serving-minded instructional design. 使用各种方式, VC will improve the teaching and learning environment while expanding STEM course offerings to increase access.
- 目标3.c: Expand effective academic support services by embedding cross-trained peer tutors/ mentors in gateway 转移 STEM courses; disaggregate data to identify and address disproportionate impact on Hispanic students.
项目五:STEM中的AIL is a Title III Part F, HSI STEM and Articulation Programs award (PR Award # P031C210056) funded by the U.S. 教育部. To learn more about Title III Part F, HSI STEM and Articulation Programs, and other related HSI programs, please visit the Office of Postsecondary Education, 恒生指数划分.